Pompano Beach, FL - Hilton Head Island, SC - Friday, February 26th

Today's travel
Today is the only day that I missed school during my time away, but this is only because we started our drive home to Connecticut. It was very sad to leave the warmth and sunshine.  I told my parents that if it weren't for wanting to get back to our cats at home, I would've wanted to stay in Florida forever.  I love the warm weather. I love the beach. I love the pool.  Also, I wasn't looking forward to coming back to the final stretch of winter.  On the other hand, if I couldn't move to Florida then I am, however, looking forward to seeing my Tariffville friends again.

Before hitting the road, my family took one last walk down to the beach to put our toes in the water and write our name in the sand.  Before we left Pompano Beach we did a quick drive by of the Goodyear Blimp Hangar.  If you've ever been to a sporting event and saw the Goodyear Blimp flying overhead, you know how large the blimp is.  We were sort of hoping that we could see the blimp parked outside, but even though the blimp wasn't there, it was neat to see its "home" (which was just a couple of miles from our hotel).

Our last visit to the beach

Goodyear Blimp's "home"
Sad to leave

Even though we were sort of dragging our feet about leaving, he had to get moving because we had a long drive ahead of us.  On this day, we traveled 497 miles from Pompano Beach, Florida to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.

Good bye Florida
Welcome to Georgia
Welcome to South Carolina
Are we there yet????








Comments

  1. We can't wait to see you , Jonathan!
    Your Tariffville friends

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Moving Day" - Friday, February 19th

Pompano Beach, FL - Monday, February 22nd - Thursday, February 25th

Pompano Beach, Florida - Saturday, February 20th