WE'RE HOME - Woodbridge, VA - Simsbury, CT Sunday, February 28th

 

Today's travel
We woke up in Woodbridge, Virginia and after 378 miles driven this day, we completed the final 1/3 of our trip back to Simsbury, Connecticut.  As much as I loved our time in Florida and as much as I did not want to leave, this final day of travel was all about just getting home.  I think all of us in my family were just done being in the car.  

Weather comparison

As you can see from the weather forecast of Pompano Beach, Florida, the temperatures from where we were just a few short days ago were still beautiful, with temperatures in the 80's all next week.  And yet, the temperature in Simsbury was just 36 degrees.  Booooooooo!!!

Also, a look at the weather radar shows that the entire last day of travel for us was rainy and not weather that would make us want to stop and explore along the way.  Quite honestly, this was okay for me because I was excited to see our cats.

It rained the whole day

My family and I LOVE to travel, but after 16 days away, it felt good to sleep in our own beds and it felt fantastic to hug our two cats - Rockwell and Olmsted.

Now that I am home, I am doing a little more distance learning while I quarantine.  I will be back to in-school learning on March 22nd and I look forward to seeing all my Tariffville friends.  
Thank you for following allow on our travel adventures.  Looking forward to seeing you all soon.
Home is where the kitty cats are!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Moving Day" - Friday, February 19th

Pompano Beach, FL - Monday, February 22nd - Thursday, February 25th

Pompano Beach, Florida - Saturday, February 20th